16.10.05

Grandma


Grandma
Originally uploaded by barkdog_sa.











Ode to My Monster

There you are my little Frankenstein,
I birthed you in marriage,
a village boy who read the garbage for news.
I was better then, even when you cursed
all my living relatives and some of the dead.
We didn't know much then about creation did we?
You, my old glove. My masterpiece.
I, your beloved wife, your help-meet.
How I pray you'll live beyond me
so I don't have to cry when you go
but then I think, I couldn't do that to you either.
So the next best thing is to stage a duel.
That's it, we'll just trust our instincts.
Yesterday, I napped in front of your grandparents
while they fought. I was at peace.
The old man stoked his fire. Your grandmother cried.
They were waiting for each other to go.

No comments: