26.10.05

rerider

Next to Ginsberg
I sat next to Ginsberg in the Sacred Heart,
saw King Fahed being ushered into the ER
wrapped in a pink blanket to disguise him,
he pee'd on my friend in the ICU.
Jack Nicholson ordered coffee from me once
at the Little America Truckstop in Flag,
a pack of cigarettes rolled up
in the sleeve of his black t-shirt
(then he started marrying waitresses).
I lived next door to a man that was
beheaded for building Apaches.
My husband ran into Gene Hackman at the Taj Majal
and Elvira let him encircle her for a picture
down in Atlanta at a convention.
Someone I know told me Goldie Hawn was a real bitch
in a five star hotel and Kurt was as handsome
as he was in The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
(which I mistakenly called, The Computer War Tennis Shoes)
and Steve Pearl told me the Dalai Lama would visit
the city park and I hoped to be able to pet him.


A poem about ignorance and destiny. Sad but merry at the end there.
In Memory of Paul Johnson, beheaded by Al Qaeda operatives

in Riyadh. It seems many years ago now.

2 comments:

AZnurse said...

I am not sure this is the way to get to the comments but i will give it a try. I enjoyed your piece about dysteny, although thinking about Paul Johnson made me sad. alos enjoyed the picture from our trip. Looks very much like an Ansel Adams I saw once. Speaking of which I now own 4 Ansel Adams prints. Now lets me see where migh i hang them. Hmmm no wall space for my art. A happy problem i think. More later.

Carmenisacat said...

Thank you and you are the first person to leave a comment. I'm glad that you enjoyed the poem. Paul was a very good man and its time this madness stops. For once and for all.