1.12.05

dog


The Secret Eye of the Apocalypse

Could someone please
in all honesty explain
why Bonaparte was exiled,
why he was the first Anti Christ
and what was going on over there
at the time? Could it be...but no.
No way.He was a liberator or sought
to be one, he did travel to North Africa,
liked it well enough impressed
by the solidarity of slavery there,
but really, was it worth a trip to Elba?
I don't know but the Piltdown man must
have some clue, his Cherry Red Cranium,
his darling Oranguatan chin, he simply must
have at least one idea in that empty head of his.

I know I don't.

Don't know much at all 'cept what I's told.
I's told that history is a fact. Mystery is a clue.
Illuminated Enlightenment, I's told that too
and now they's tellin' me things are not the same,
tellin' me things are secretly oriented to the top
of some damn geometrical principle full of scorcerers bones.
I'd say I's told wrong. I's been fooled.