22.3.06

Atelectasis

between winter &
watermelon
a
chequering bottom
pool, swimming
to dream
in castlists
no name
shocks and fevers
hostage dramas.

looking down just like a Pieta then
up
for planes
for birds
for kites
or stars,
airs.
tempt me.

still hurts
to breathe
wondering
wondering
why why why

the corpse
of djinn,
the old families
inside lizards,
which day it was
he got in.

away ago
through an eye
plucked
gutted
a spiritual cousin
name of splinter
stopped
in the meat
of orbits,
lodged

a piece of bramble.
you tiny things.
you tiny societies.
you tiny tin-toothed.
buzzard keepers.
curs. bunch of curs.
no magic
nor curses left.
pockets dry.
amulets useless.
natural causes
might amaze you.
There might
be a stumbling.
a deflation.

http://www.blogger.com/publish-comment.do?blogID=24698014&postID=114325294773855278&r=ok

2 comments:

ozymandiaz said...

Hello Lilac. I just happened upon your blog during a poetry search and must say I am greatly impressed. I by no means am any sort of critic but as a leaf praises a butterfly so do I now praise your work. Simply fantastic, yet nothing simple here.

Carmenisacat said...

Hello. And thank you very much. I've been so busy lately....kinda sick to my stomach over having been libeled you know.

Oh well. At least someone reads my work and that makes me so happy.

I have three fans. More than I ever hoped to have in the first place even though I am already famous in my hometown which is really the only thing I ever shot for. Famous Bisbee Poet. Like Alice Notley who I really admire...born right down the road from me. Her Mysteries of Small Houses a numero uno read for us small town girls ala LA Confidential where Kim Bassinger is also from our 'ville. She quips something like:

Who says Bisbee girls haven't got any style.

I especially like her poems about Paris. Who would've thought I'd see the Louvres and meet a guy from Morenci on the tourbus. And she writes of us:

topaz, november, Paris, Vietnam.

Thanks O. It truly means alot to me to hear a little praise...especially now in the shadow of that gang rape.

Pardon my sarcasm but I'm still a little sore from the abuse.