29.4.06

Parts Of Joy
(for Nicholas)

Notice please the animals
how they are trapped
by pleasure, frozen
in desires of rub and sleep.
Even ants are on the verge
of something new each time,
concentrated into long lines
of pillage and search where
love and anger are sequential matters.

Cats balance on the edges
where rubbish contains the odor
of the thousand places they've been
as they wait and flee,
bouncing and sailing through
the air. They always know
where they are going
and perform with ease
that which is easy.
This type of thing becomes them.

2 comments:

ozymandiaz said...

Interesting piece here. A peak at the depth of nature.

Carmenisacat said...

:)

Well..you know I love to FREEZE my cats...especially the younger one Tyson. Haha I pull her onto my lap in the a.m. (on the crapper hahaha) and she just lays back and I rub her belly so that she cannot move...so happy. And then I'm happy too. Crazy how that works...those pet things. Pets, they say, extend a person's life and I've read one study that says dog owners live on average FOUR years more than non doggerel. Now..thing is...in THIS particular world (Iraq, ETC.) do I really want FOUR extra years of it? I'm not really sure you know. But I still freeze any animal I can get my hands on because...

because I can. It is where the REAL power is Ozy. THE REAL POWER.
Like I want to be the Queen of Dogs in heaven hahahaha. :)

Silly.