27.2.06

Well in general I don't do alot of blogging, you know the type, blogging. Talking about myself and my life plus links to theseareafewofmyfavoritethings. Oh, I did this and then we ate that before going here to see JoJo at open mike where we found ourselves seated at the same table with (insert famous poet/critic here) who was complaining about the spumoni. No...I generally don't do that. But recently, because of a slight disruption in the balance of Kerbala, I decided to show people exactly what kind of poet I really am. I'm someone who knows what a sunburn is. I used to research things like DU because I had a bunch of messed up kids from Hafr al Batn as patients (three noses, no arms and fused eye sockets, stuff like that), not to mention my pal Steve who received the gift that keeps giving, testicular cancer, after his stint rewriting BASIC and COBALT for a DEFENSE CONTRACTOR in the Gulf, before the great crash r/t the fictional Y2K snafu. Well. I used to do that and could tell people all sorts of stuff like that, I've a memory like an elephant except for the last location of my bifocals. So I'm hip on sunburns and MiG 20s and dynamite at RPGs and Los Alamos. Computers disappearing lately? Forest fire burned it down most likely. Happens all the time! President's brothers have Ronald Reagan's would-be assassin's brother over to dinner ALL the time, I'm telling you and yes, William Cooper probably DID have a photo of the Kennedy do hickey that was to-die-for, and he did, approximately three weeks after 9/11. I'm a conspiracy theorist par none. So once in a while I plan to reveal a word or two to teach the up and coming MILITANT poets like Tost and K Silem a thing or two about dealing with politics in their work. My advice, don't. Unless you plan to spend at least three years reading really boring stuff about Central Asia. Just talk about your fame and chapbooks. Everyone likes that and leave the bombs and wars to those who know a bit and have IQs approaching the event horizon.

My thoughts on Flarfists: Watch out. Your days are numbered if you keep bullshitting your way through theater class.

http://www.vialls.com/myahudi/sunburn.html
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7147.htm

I've long watched the progress of this projectile and kind of hope it isn't buried in my back yard somewhere near Kafra. We've rid ourselves of most of the Israeli landmines (which they refused to provide maps for) but a sunburn can look an awful lot like a water tank or sheesh, like one of those old hunks of junk we borrowed from the Israeli occupation a few years back. Tanks all over the place which are used for centerpieces in public parks down there.

The Sunburn can deliver a 200-kiloton nuclear payload, or: a 750-pound conventional warhead, within a range of 100 miles, more than twice the range of the Exocet. The Sunburn combines a Mach 2.1 speed (two times the speed of sound) with a flight pattern that hugs the deck and includes “violent end maneuvers” * to elude enemy defenses. The missile was specifically designed to defeat the US Aegis radar defense system. Should a US Navy Phalanx point defense somehow manage to detect an incoming Sunburn missile, the system has only seconds to calculate a fire solution –– not enough time to take out the intruding missile. The US Phalanx defense employs a six-barreled gun that fires 3,000 depleted-uranium rounds a minute, but the gun must have precise coordinates to destroy an intruder “just in time.”

What I constantly question is this idea that the US wants to END the Syrian Occupation but the group that ended the Israeli Occupation is considered a Terrorist Organization, the group known as Hezbollah. I really wish someone could help me figure that one out. It is all that ever stood between me and Bush love. And now, he allowed the rift to widen at Kerbala. Whoever nuked that mosque is in a heap o trouble my friends. A heap o trouble.

"The arming for war has been matched by threats. Israeli officials have declared repeatedly that they will not allow the Mullahs to develop nuclear power, not even reactors to generate electricity for peaceful use. Their threats are particularly worrisome, because Israel has a long history of pre-emptive war. "

I mean come on Tost, did you know that the Israeli's stole the Golan Heights AFTER the Syrians had agreed to a cease-fire in the Six Day War which was started by Israel, a pre-emptive war which of course, was won. We live in the days of pre-emptive battles, scary. And we also live in the age of hackneyed political ranting in poetry. Where's the beef?

Or you get that fellow Christopher George who is supposedly a historian who writes photo captions (huh?) . One of his last masterpieces compared Israelis taunting Palestinians, calling them "Samarai" (bleck, oriental poetasting) and the Iranians standing in the foreground of two smoke stacks as perpetrators of the WTC disaster. Did he understand that those guys were the Sunnis that hit the WTC? Reminds me of the time a wedding hall in Israel collapsed and I went to work the next day and a nurse from New Zealand told me all about how a Palestinian with a nail bomb disfigured about a squillion people in Israel, damn terrorists.

And how about that photo of two IDF soldiers smiling over the carcass, their last kill saying cheese? Forget Abu Gharaib...that was nada compared to that shot of the kid who was being shielded by his father and murdered in cold blood. Israel promptly bull dozed the murder scene and blamed the unnecessary civilian murders on Palestinian gunmen. Happens all the time, we are used to it.

You think, poet, get a job already.



*That means it can do a loop-d-loop at the target destination and some say, it can also do push-ups on command.