12.3.08

About Real Estate

There is a fear going on
out there in the calla lillies.
Everyone knows about it
yet no one seems to mind.
It's an empty oh no
even though it was
an ordinary old thing.
There was a house
of big and empty
that I wanted
all of a sudden
or maybe it wanted me.
I don't know why
because there isn't much
I want anymore
and a house opened
and empty is never greedy.
But I wanted that
and that
scared me too.
But still the question
remained, why?
Why want that?
Because it is big or

because it is empty?
Or maybe because it was sudden
and it never seemed to be there
before. I know it was never
there before. I'm sure of it.
So it is this slow panic
of normal intensity, a generalized
fear about everything
and everyone knows about it.
It's an empty oh no
and they talk about these parts
all the time. Just a little
every day and without the index.
Hopeless. Well fed. Insatiable.

No comments: