2.4.08

A new Voices on the Wind is online now. Voices is a local ezine put together by Leslie Clark who teaches at Cochise Community College here in the boondocks. I'm not sure how long she has been at it but for sure, this issue is truly one of the most fabulous of her concoctions to date if not the most fabulous. Ms. Clark selects a theme and the poets attempt to address it as they see fit. I'm often puzzled as to how this works but it does. This time, the poems are each and every one fabulously well suited to the theme of Disparity.

This perfect line is from one of Cappy Love Hanson's poems titled Getting Well. I met Ms. Hanson when she traveled into town for our collective reading which was transmitted into the airwaves of the world by Bisbee's very own KBRP.

"Every time I fall down sick and rise up
surviving, I know Death’s held me in his foul
palm like an apple, poked me with a blood-blackened
claw, and judged me not yet ripe."


Yes. Exactly Ms. Cappy Love Hanson. Exactly.

Voices on the Wind Volume 33, Voices of Disparity

No comments: