14.7.08

Blog of Note posted from Bint Jubeil, South Lebanon.

http://jnoubiyeh.blogspot.com/

It is the two year anniversary of the beginning of the Israeli Agression against the people of South Lebanon. Time flies on the way to victory you know. Time just flies.


On 12 September, former defense minister Moshe Arens spoke of "the defeat of Israel" in calling for a state committee of inquiry. He said that Israel had lost "to a very small group of people, 5000 Hezbollah fighters, which should have been no match at all for the IDF". Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamou 3alaikoum sister Meg,

I've read your posts on WakeUpFromYourSlumber. Loved the ones about Nahj al-Balagha and Imam Ali (A.S.). And masha'ALLAH, you're doing a wonderful work here. I'm adding you on my Blogs list, I hope you don't mind :)

- Jnoubiyeh

Carmenisacat said...

Wa alaikum wa salaam,

I'd be honored. And as well, the next time I come to Haris...I'd love to meet you. My mother in law will make us kibbi naye or malfouf and we can sit under our fig tree for a visit.

How I miss those lazy days under that old fig.

If you ever get a chance to pass by the Sowid house on top of the hill between Haris and Hadatha, stop in and say hello to my "parents", Kassim/Fatima. They would be astounded and delighted.

Anonymous said...

7abibti I'd be honored to meet you and your parents! Insha'ALLAH some day ya Rab. I'm sure we'd have great discussions.

I love kebbeh nayeh wa malfouf! Tabouleh ma3 batata me2liyeh is very good too :)! Alhamdulillah for good Lebanese food.

I'm so happy we've 'met' sis. :)

Carmenisacat said...

:)

My mohlokhiya plants are about two feet tall here in Arizona. We'll be eating fresh Lebanese mohlokhiya in about a month!

But nothing beats having it under our fig tree in Haris. :(

I miss my fresh veggies!