5.3.09

How does she do it? Didi Menendez....man....someone with a dream and the ability to make everything happen and I mean everything. The slickest poetry mag on the internet...it's a joy to go there for a while and look at an actual poetry magazine online and for free by gum. Back when I used to read magazines...it was Vanity Fair for me. Nothing like a Vanity Fair and diet coke out by the defense contractor swimming pool at the compound in the wadi below the King's digs which was later attacked and made into rubble by Al Qaeda. Those were the days yessirree. I had to go to the American Community Services facility and borrow my stack of last year's Vanity Fairs and GQ (secret passion of mine back then) in order to know what was actually going on in the "world".

That's what Mipo means to me....it's a flashback and a flashforward to the way things go. It's so good you can almost smell the shiny pages.

MiPO Mag

Try it...you'll like it. Plan to spend some time there. Go to Oranges and Sardines...so, so slick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait till you see the next cover of O&S. Just wait...

Carmenisacat said...

Indeed. Say hi to Ms. Jen for me. You guys are amazing at MiPO.