18.10.09

the paradise

I

Made two photographs of the same thing and managed in my mind to block out of one, all the unnecessary objects. I left alone the trees, the sky, the hilltops. This included the stars that could not be seen because the sun, our star, had risen and brightened. I realized that the universe is soft and conforms to whatever is placed up against it. In the other photo, I excluded all things that were not man made and therefore, the photo cannot exist in reality and is being reproduced for the pleasure of many and my own convenience. There was a gate, the shower doors that had swans etched into them, a fence post that is propped to keep the gate closed, telephone wires, rooftops-two of which were long and large and horizontal and one in between that formed an upside down triangle. An insect was dead on the sidewalk upon which my own feet rested as I looked out, but I could not exclude this animal and realized, the universe is soft and conforms to whatever is placed up against it. This could have been terrifying but now that the piece exists here, it has been tamed and untangled. The work begins now to organize this pleasure from the night that covered and the moon that reflected and the patience that withered while waiting.

II

two of the same to block out one, all the unnecessary alone . This included could not be seen. that the soft conforms is placed against . In the other excluded man made , the photo cannot exist reproduced for pleasure and convenience. swans propped closed, long large horizontal between that formed . dead rested exclude and realized,

is soft and conforms against it.

terrifying exists tamed and untangled. The work begins to organize pleasure withered while waiting.



No comments: