The day Ron Silliman said this about me: "There were multiple comments in the polyphony of the stream that could be interpreted as racist, especially those made by Lilac, an Anglo woman living as a Muslim in Lebanon."
This was in response to a drunken pair of Filipina poets who went on a rampage because I said Barbara Jane Reyes poetry was not so great but she was exotic looking. And, she was. She and her friend Eileen Tabios were also vengeful racists entrapping balding white men on a private site they operated...tricking wealthy old white dudes into marrying Filipino village girls. Of course, as the Lead Detective on the case, no one at the Silliman Blog knew about the dark side of these two numbnuts. I exposed them and it led to Ron Silliman taking his toys home and shutting down his comments section forever. I imagine because he was a total embarrasment. Coddling two really venomous poets and me....well. The whole thing happened when I wasn't even there to defend myself from these nasty women. I was in South Lebanon, no internet, no cares in the world while the bunch of them spun amazing tales of my horrendous White Superiority Complex that was a surprise to me more than anyone. Me, an "Anglo" woman "LIVING" as a muslim....it doesn't get much better than that when it comes to the outright bullshit bigotry I have faced as a muslim over 40+ years.
https://carmenisacat.blogspot.com/2006/03/famous-ron-silliman-said-wednesday.html
No comments:
Post a Comment