9.11.06

"Nothing in Clouds Hill is to be a care upon the world. While I have it there shall be nothing exquiste or unique in it. Nothing to anchor me." T.E. Lawrence


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8613542103331739937&q=hamza+yusuf

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/currentread/currentread02.html

To Trust or Not to Trust

"As I reflect on my conversation with my Arab friend I understand his frustration. Trusting motives is one thing when trust has been earned, and something else entirely when it has not. Should we be surprised at the Arab world's attitude toward the West. Probably not. Should we endeavor to understand Arab culture and history and earn their trust. The obvious answer is yes, and reading Seven Pillars is a good place to start."

No. It is not easy when trusts have all shattered. Particularly when a person is under attack, to be nice let alone be what one is supposed to be: forgiving.

The 85% of all Israelis who supported the attack against us in Lebanon...well, what can I say. It isn't my forgiveness that they need. And those who continue to remain silent about the slaughter being perpetrated on their behalf, both Jew and Israeli.....it isn't mine that they require.

That is all.

1 comment:

Carmenisacat said...

Sura Al-nas, Mankind

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of men,

The King of men,

The god of men,

From the evil of the whisperings of the slinking (Shaitan),

Who whispers into the hearts of men,

From among the jinn and the men.


Al'ham'du'lillah.