17.1.07

Ah, what the news agencies won't tell you. I often have to gasp and wonder at the naivity of Americans in general.

You see, my losses due to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon this summer are truly miniscule indeed. And as we can see from below, the things I gained are immense. The discovery of hidden enemies there, the solidification of my children's faith, the immense amount of wisdom I picked up on my journey across the sea (which I still haven't really capitalized on yet)....oh I cannot even count the blessing that I have recieved.

The most important blessing that is going to be realized from Nasrallah's brave defense of his country against the Zionist invaders however is yet to come. Talks indicate that the Israelis are going to have to release TEN TIMES more Palestinian prisoners than they would have had to release if they'd have simply done the "right" thing, the "normal" thing and the thing allowed under the Geneva Conventions and had actually NEGOTIATED for the release of the few IDF commandoes. Ah. It is wonderful.

What has happened is that the families of those held in captivity are demanding Olmert negotiate and negotiate for real. Any country who is willing to try to "convince" the civilized world that they destroyed the infrastructure of their democratic neighbor in order to get a few men released must OBVIOUSLY care enough about them now to put their inordinate and Godly pride behind them and get those boys home. I must chuckle.

News of the return of the Golan Heights being negotiated under Ariel Sharon...well. I'll believe that when I see the backs of those mofos leaving the Shebaa Farms. And when I stop hearing of the constant invasions of Lebanese airspace. And when I hear that the Israelis are forced to pay for the demining of South Lebanon and when I hear of the trial of Olmert at the Hague for dropping little gadgets that look like musical toys on southern Lebanon that are made to kill children who pick them up not knowing the vile history of Israel doing that sort of nasty and vile thing. THEN and only then will I believe that this recent "leak" of a document that promises the return of the Golan Heights is actually going to be acted on. I am so entirely used to the lying of that group of people that it makes me want to puke.

No comments: