22.11.08

The Resurrection

We don't know what we are doing
anymore, lazy, silent, perplexed-
a long list of temptation awaits us.
Special envoy says:
better luck next time!

Dream the better dream
is still, the crux of it, a dream.
Wash, wash, wash,
leaves come in at all hours,
steam on the ceiling, lint.

This morning will be different,
Saturday. Oh Saturday.
Oh Saturnine. The true color
of lead, smelter and slag-happy
purple mountain of mine.

In the mirror the image
is yesterday, last minute
surprise, forgot to replenish
the cells one at a time,
or rub the dirt off for Easter.



Ah now...that one brings you in doesn't it? It is alot like compost you know...depends on what you put into it..the fertility and all. Nickels and dimes don't do much for the soil which as a matter of fact is quite close to the word soul. Just an i-u difference in there. It is locked up with the way the past is always passing and as she says so often, "time doesn't wait for you".

Burning leaves is a great Saturday past time if you ask me...takes two people..one to throw and one to stir the pot or otherwise...you get too much smoke and not enough fire. This in turn is placed into the compost bin with the manure picked up out on High Lonesome. A real God-forsaken place...not even any idols to be found out there except maybe, if you are lucky, an old corral. Up at the Divide where water runs in two directions, a nudie magazine is laying atop a carpet of green and brown beer glass and some whiskey bottles. Up rooting the dead manzanita (praise is due to that old poem of his) isn't very hard. O the cosmetic industry needs a plug doesn't it? What would Darwin say about the damage caused by UV rays and our own fitness?

You know, I paid a visit (paid a visit ha!) to old Silliman's blog today and he led me to a few sites that usually I wouldn't bother about. One of them was all about Ashbury. A very long sentence and it made me feel so empty inside and then, it made me want to write something better than that. Didn't take long you know because my compost pile is most certainly unusual, very hand and man made. We have a blower, a Pedi-paws and now, even a FREEZER. This is absolutely crazy I think. I never thought I'd own a FREEZER.

I guess it was at that gig down at the County Fair this year. I had to sit there and hand out stuff for the Health Department. Next to me was the Bio-Terrorism lady. Nice woman...really nice. So quiet and always wears the most fantastic dresses. Didn't know she was Mormon at all. Just nice.

So this other woman who looked like a granola bar expert comes up to her...she's got five or six flax headed children...and the two of them start talking about "readiness". Oh, I'm all ears about readiness you know. And lo! they are both Mormons. They are used to packing up lunches for Armageddon or something like that...not sure really and I'm not commenting here on the Mormon religion...what do I know about that!

It turns out that in order to be "ready" you have to keep rotating your big bottles of water every few months. Then you have to stock food that doesn't spoil too quickly. If I were them, I'd put some dates in there and honey too. Can't beat dates and honey on a spoiled day.

So it goes. We're all waiting for something it seems. Stock market up, stock market down. I'll be happy when I throw my compost into the slag. See what comes up.







No comments: