27.8.09

Easy County Fair Poems Made Easier

Keep feeling the chiggers on my arm
who left the light in the closet
on under the category of even?
Through the curtain are images
of what else going on outside
except the birds and bakers
lolygagging and more than one steeple
in your last happy presentation
makes no sense at all
if he leaves then he brings
back all the gold and frustration
trades up and doesn't change
the sheets nor bring back any ties.
We'll wait again for the next call
pleased with milk and eggs
enough for a transient carnie
working the wrong circus,
that's what makes it beautiful
when the dimes land dead center
but we're up in one of the stalls
talking to the tigers,
don't know exactly when to leave
and stop by the hypnotist
on the way out
one more time hoping
that he'll notice, call us up.
I need a volunteer from the audience
he'll say. That's when the fun begins
but he really shouldn't have to ask
by now, I ought to be the last
catatonic prisoner except for the fact
just can't find the ginsu knife and wish
for ten shiny pots and pans
from the demo, wish I'd said yes.
Or wish I'd said no, can't really say.

2 comments:

Carmenisacat said...

Radicalann will love that one. Heh.

I'm on for at least one of the days between H1N1 at the armory and something else in October.

h1n1 what a lark.

AZnurse said...

In October? Let me know I will go be comic relief - and get my shots I guess - healthcare and all that even if I am out at the moment.