7.8.09

Notes about now

Waiting patiently for Ogden in the mail, just received The AlKoran by Geo. Sale 1891 edition which was a church copy donated by one Mrs. Poore and El Bishop in Life! (ah Fred Tarr for the Life!) and Adonis Understanding Arabic Poetics ought to be coming along soon plus oh gosh...think it is actually something by that nutty professor Ashbery. Or is it bury? The AlKoran cost me thirty bucks and if you ask me, that was a real steal and the rest?

All of them no more than two bucks apiece and hardbacks.

Says alot doesn't it?

Plus I have a big fat book of Supplications coming in from the orient on the midnight express in about two days. It will smell like the bookstores in the Levant which typically smell like turkish and dust. I won't be getting any seeds for Loofah sponge squashes but oh well! They probably wouldn't grow here anyway as my father in law always told me they had to grow near sewage waters. Drat.

No comments: