25.8.09

One of the problems with having a comments section is keeping up with the odd comment or two that is received. I work full time and then some...spend mornings looking for projects that apply to this or that aspect of my day job.

This one arrived some weeks ago and I just noticed it today when going through my email that I only go through maybe once or twice a month. It is from "jh"....who always has interesting things to say over at his blog which is here:
http://bewilderingsearch.blogspot.com/

jh writes:

benson
i've been
up and down those streets
have chewed into
a burger at rebs
and sat bewildered alone
eating a gomorrah style
breakfast at
the horseshoe
have wondered at the desultory souls
shifting up the main drag headed
for the desert or another charming
nowhere
there
scuffling through benson
in a dust storm
the daylight far too bright
sad images of wolves howling
for something like justice
on the hills outsdie town
only to land near st david
the place forgotten by benson
the place so silent
save for the groan and fumes
fumes from the
stack where the powder is prepped
for exploding in holes
like demented sex and a hope
for more more riches

Well done and I'm going there today! To the B on the tank as you approach Benson from the south on 80. Going to a drug treatment facility up there to do HIV screening...always a terrifying experience i.e. the thought that one day, sooner or later, I have to be the bearer or bad tidings. Scares me literally to death.



2 comments:

jh said...

reading back over it now it doesn't seem all that great but i appreciate your response

i've perused over here a number of times
your posts are startling at times but i appreciate your serious eye for truth

i will say a prayer for you today
that all goes well
trust in allah

salaam aleikhem

j

Carmenisacat said...

Wa akaikum asalaam back at you.

Oh I think it is marvelous...things like that which just say what it is...direct, unflinching. Most feel they have to dress it up a bit, including me but that is because you don't always have a great view to speak about and Benson is exactly that. It's picture perfect and whoever goes there must feel the desperation of such a place.

And yes...I can startle...even myself sometimes hahaha!

Ay, trust in Allah.