28.6.10

UFOS Provide Relief to Worried Onlookers

Anselm Berrigan is the most boring poet alive today. That he is the son of the pair Notley and Berrigan ought to be a strong indicator of what went wrong.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Poetry it seems, skips a generation or at least it ought to.

For instance, I never wanted to be a miner or housewife. As a poet I wanted to witness those things for the future generations of my own children and perhaps the children of some other folks. And certainly if any of my children want to be professional full time poets I will tell them, get a real job. The poetry is only what is left over and not something as Anselm states in his vimeo appearance over at Silliland, dynastic entitlement.

Being a poet is one of those things in life that still, regardess of the faux generation we have here, resists dynasties and dynastic 'entitlement'. On the inside anyway and anyone can hear that if they are able to stomach the entire video reading given.

I so wanted to c ufo n dstnce 2 brak mntnnee.

No comments: