18.3.06

A Trip Through The Sillimania Looking Glass

Mr. Sillypants complains of "hysteria" or was it another male poster who did that? Relating of course, to the hyster-area which of course is the womb. Fake feminist poetry...ah bah!

I invented feminism.

http://ronsilliman.blogspot.com/2005/06/alli-warren-shes-one-of-those-poets.html

Well, imagine my UTTER surprise at discovering such a treasure trove of men AND women discussing the LOOKS of poets as opposed to their work and getting away with it. Why not me?

Because I am er...muslim? Because I was right about her mediocrity? I dunno. You be the judge.

1 comment:

AZnurse said...

Well I must admit it all makes for interesting reading on a cold, windy and overcast day. Where is the light? I need that light!
In healthcare we talk about cultural compentency - I say this cause you are so lucky as to not be working in what we laughably care healthcare these days. One of the things that is required is knowledge of another culture. If you don't have that knowledge it is the expectation that you will find some, even if it means asking the individual how best to proceed. It is my observation that the pack is not only unable or unwilling to learn about the culture into which they migrated but did not get a good handle on their own culture, witness their behavior as a ethinic group. I have to laugh because one of my workers just quit because she has married her penpal who is twice her age and dying of metastatic CA of the colon. Her first request of him (as related by her to me) was that he needed to change his will before the kids found out about the wedding. Choice - it is all about choices!
That having been said it is also my assessment that Silliman is egging this thing on. He has a bigger ax to grind and if you are the filings that is OK with him. He knows that those xenophobic white guys will jump on this like a duck on a june bug and boy did they!
My advice? And you know what I think about advice - listen politely and do what you will. Choices after all.
Open your hands and let go. Focus on your work. Turn this into the work. Find how it all made you feel and write. It will be more than a work based on what might have happened to someone else.
My critique of what I read of BJR's work. It wasn't very real to me or her.