10.9.09

GOOD BUY at Abe's

Here's the deal....I collect old books. Some of them rare and some not so rare, just good reads. One of my favorites is a children's book with an illustration done by a very young Andy Warhol. And in that soup can band illustration...you guessed it....the famous can of tomato. I gave away my Durant signed first edition but held on to TE Lawrence...couldn't part with that! I still can't find any copies of the Longfellow for sale so mine must be worth at least a dollar or two. It's obviously rare.

Today I found a really grand piece of historical literature.

I don't know if the link will last because I've purchased the piece but here it is:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=769774467&searchurl=sts%3Dt%26tn%3DSalted%2BFeathers%2B10%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

From Mimeo Revolution...and the youngish Flarfists would be tickled to know that the wheel was already invented hahaha. Those old mimeograph machines and what I wouldn't give for one now! Hot tip: buy one. They will be worth a fortune or at least as much as one of the old Pong games.

This issue of Salted Feathers which was co-edited by my old friend Dick Bakken, features a nice selection of the soon to be famous and very famous poets we know of today.

"Stapled Mimeo Sheets. Contributors include: Padraig O Broin, Carol Berge, Allen Ginsberg, Howard McCord, Galway Knnell, Charles Bukowki, Pamela Bakken, James Hazard, Larry Eigner, Carlos Reyes, Arthur Vogelsang, Dick Bakken, George Dowden, Federico Garcia Lorca, and Norma Ceaser. This issue also a portfolio of photos of poets. Cover lightly faded. Bookseller Inventory # 3103"

No comments: