12.9.09

To WJ Porter's Ashes

And he reviewed the birds, then said: How is it I see not the hoopoe or is it that he is of the extinct? -The Ant in the Glorious Quran

It is the preburn of creation
without the m
and I know all the answers,
there aren't any about that -
is there moisture down there dad?
When it rains do you feel
a little bit better, more yourself
more like a protestant
caught up in the litigation
of certain tribal defamation
suits against the Creator?
I'm not mad at you just
wish I knew you a bit better
than the dust you've become
knew a little more about
how you knew I'd be alright.
Sometimes I think about
your beard, the way we used
to call you Ahab the Arab
so grateful to you for that
time you laughed about his left hand.
You were smiling weren't you
and someday we'll go fishing
up there I promise,
we'll have all day to
spell your first name.

No comments: