1.9.09

The Gospel According to Moses Black

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=27629543&blogId=310683240


My son in law ends one of his gospels, Deuteronomy accordingly:


One
But there is something innumerable
And that
is
Holy
I am the intersection of forces
I could never comprehend
I am a slave
And that knowledge is my only freedom

There he writes his own fate...wonder if he really knows it? I have no idea...we have no idea about other people but what expedited language he uses! Cut's right to the chase and although the profanity is a bit much for this old goat, it is honest.

In another gospel, Ecclisiastes this time, Moses writes:

Martha: I created a storm and
Walked on the oceans
To show you I possessed nothing,
Not even fear
I called you to me and
You nearly drowned in your doubts
But this was your baptism
I conquered your flesh, and you
Prepared for me a feast and
Washed my feet with
Your hair and fine perfumes, and
As you knelt, I walked on you
To roads paved with gold and good intentions


To be honest, I am terrified by this work, absolutely terrified. His first gift to his mother in law was a book that I truly enjoyed by Maria Ranier Rilke. Hadn't read any Rilke but very glad that I have now. Wonderful stuff.

I gifted him with a book signed by Will Durant himself and knew that he was the one the book was meant for. He was truly pleased.

Allah sent me these two young men, Antonio, the pious and patient and Anthony the genius...to teach them about Islam. We sit at dinner tables and share one thing after or another or...we just watch movies and laugh or play with baby Hassan who is named for the grandson of the last prophet, SA. What a mixed bunch we are and who would have guessed I'd end up in such interesting circumstances. Two Antonios and one Mary.

What a wonderful strange trip it has been. Now, off to get ready for San Antonio where this poet will be sitting shotgun on at least one roller coaster at Six Flags, if my heart can take it.

No comments: