12.9.09

Teeth

I still would, even if I didn't make it
to the afterhours party, I still would
purchase the hard soap, the green soap
would still make sure that every part
got rinsed off every day. Then
I would keep cautioning my children
to honor me anyway and to look away
if the scene makes them unhappy.
Keep walking brothers and sisters
you used to know me and the stories
are still fragrant, still unfinished
but the last doubt is different,
keeps you hopeful and mellow.
Young son with your facial hair
and daughter with your baby,
it isn't what you expect afterall.
The sky will show you how.
All my teeth are porcelain now
they've shaved off their only shine
been replaced with something
if not better at least it is
more expensive, quality dentition.
I used to think I'd be famous
or beautiful forever, I used to
believe that I could never get
over anything especially love
but I got over you too.

No comments: