5.4.07

So...why don't you ever really hear about the Ebla Tablets? I'll tell you why. Because the Quran knew the names on the Ebla Tablets (only discovered in 1975) before the archeologists, before the Jews and most certainly, before the lamentably dull Christians. That is why. People are often confused about the Quran's mention of various "unknown" prophets like Salih and Luqman.

The proof you know, is in the pudding and cuniform. Heh, as well as in about a million other places and ideas. To muslims, it is obvious and to the blind it is seemingly not there. What do you think is the cause of that kind of blindness. Crazy really to some of us and to other muslims, absolutely expected.

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/article_01.html

When the language used in the tablets was deciphered by the Italian Giovanni Pettinato, an epigrapher from the University of Rome, the scale of their importance was better understood. As a result of this, the finding of the Kingdom of Ebla and this magnificent state archive became a matter not just of archaeological interest, but one of interest to religious circles, too. That was because as well as the names Michael (Mi-ka-il) and Talut (Sa-u-lum), who struggled alongside the Prophet David, they also contained the names of prophets mentioned in the three holy books: The Prophet Abraham (Ab-ra-mu), the Prophet David (Da-u-dum) and the Prophet Ishamel (Ish-ma-il).

http://jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/rabbi_of_morocco.htm

Former Rabbi convert to Islam from Sabta, Morocco: Abdul Haqq Al-Islami

God, with His wisdom in what He destines and plans, has shown to me since 16 years the truth that no sane person would doubt, the only ones doubting it are those associated with falsehood...(why of course)

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/Jemima-Goldsmith.htm

I am nevertheless fully aware that women are sometimes exploited and oppressed in Islamic societies, as in other parts of the world. Judging by some of the articles which have appeared in the press, it would seem that a Western woman's happiness hinges largely upon her access to nightclubs, alcohol and revealing clothes; and the absence of such apparent freedom and luxuries in Islamic societies is seen as an infringement of her basic rights. However, as we all know, such superficialities have very little to do with true happiness. Besides, without in any way wishing to disparage the culture of the Western world, into which I was born, I am more than willing to forego the transient pleasures derived from alcohol and nightclubs; and as for the clothes I will be wearing, I find the traditional shalwar kameez (tunic and trousers) worn by most Pakistani women far more elegant and feminine than anything in my wardrobe.

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/Josh-Hasan.htm

I only wish I had taken it much earlier. This is my story of becoming a Muslim. It began when I was 10.One GodWhen I was 10, my parents enrolled me at the local Conservative Synagogue, in the densely Jewish town of Brookline, Massachusetts

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/william.htm

I found that the information that was in the Qur’an would have been impossible for Mohammed (PBUH) to have known had he not been a prophet. Not only would it have been impossible for a man of his background and geographic location to have known many of these things, it would have been impossible for anyone of his time-period to have known them. I double checked the dates of many of the modern “discoveries” that had been addressed in the Qur’an, and was astounded at what I found. Not only did the Qur’an contain information that was centuries ahead of its time, but it did so with details, many of which could not have been known until this century. I became convinced that Mohammed (PBUH) was indeed a prophet that had been inspired by Allah through his angel. Despite this, I still faced a dilemma. Although I now believed that Mohammed (PBUH) was a prophet, I still was confused about what to do. Everything that I had ever believed was suddenly turned upside down, and I was at a loss for an explanation.

Heh, I remember getting booted from Nina Rothschild Utne's forums for posting a link to Jews for Allah. Long time ago now. Nina, what a gal!

No comments: