21.4.07

To Listen Live:

http://www.kbrpradio.com/Stream.aspx

Bisbee Free Radio. It is an excellent station. What can I say...they were smart enough to interview me weren't they? Always nice sounds and good talk including those annoying NPR types who we all love for their tendency to question authority.

If anything, the broadcast will give listeners the opportunity to hear one of the most famous poets in the world. Dick Bakken. You just cannot grasp what it is Dick does by reading his work. You have to experience it LIVE!

My work...well. I'd just turn off the radio for that part. I'm a horrible reader. I write for the page not the podium.

But you gotta do what you gotta do to spread the word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're better than that guy Bakken. You're better'n anything 'cept bein' in love.

Carmenisacat said...

That's what you think.

:)

Thanks though.

Dick is a performer. He knows what he is doing. So many poets are so good at the art of the oral presentation but I am not one of them. Unfortunately.

I am planning however to do the refugee poem on air and sing the fight song for Bisbee High School. That ought to be a scream or a growl. Not sure really as it depends on the nicotine load that day.

Thanks for your comment. It was very kind.