16.10.06

Irish Muslim Mo'lasses from the Passes

(for Ogden Nash)



I am the blossom of the X Generation
now watch me go to seed.
Not born in the fifties, unable to really read.

This is true blue flag waving
in a yellow polka dot bikini.
This is me who never watched a single flick Fellini.

Here I am Tonto bound
a prize in a box of Carmelled Jack.
In this one my brother's shooting another amp of Crack.

Up on the mantle sits Maya Angelou
she is standing by Big Bird,
and Dr. Seuss thinks deterrence a little bit absurd.

Here is a train stub from the Mighty Santa Fe,
and in the drawer near the panties 
are Black Angus and Uncle Ray.

I'm really rather hip
but I'm so far quite unknown
because we have Blue Jesus, a tad bit overblown.

1 comment:

Carmenisacat said...

When this poem was written, there was a fad called "Jesus of the Day" in which readers could submit their favorite photographs of Jesus in various modes of "disarray".

I didn't like that and wrote this because Allah had chosen to follow me and I knew it. Allah chose to pull me up by the bootstraps and convinced me through the most miraculous of events....of "his" existence.

Unassailable faith in Allah is one thing.

The assailable faith of the friend however is what it is.

Helpers. Helpers are those who stand nose to nose and tell you the truth. Not those who only cater to the whims of egos and desire.

The desire in this case is motivated by extreme and suppressed jealousy and rage.

Why?

I have no idea. You'd have to ask the person who possesses those traits.

I am however, not satisfied with certain things including the continuous harrassments in subliminal tones. Sure, I read it.

I paid for the priveledge.