1.7.06

Crime Night

Ah, this week is a blogorama. You see, I’ve had some problems lately with my internet service. As is the usual, the service was bad. Home delivery awful and the pizza always cold. I had to go to the competition but it has taken a bit o' time to get my new receiver set up. So now I’m on an eating binge. I’ve been out reading all sorts of things and looking for a new home for my thoughts. Now that the JD is part of the past, I want to be somewhere else and don’t we all! A nice place. A place with smart folks. A place that allows freedom and encourages same. Just like the JD but not the JD. If such a place exists (which I don’t think it does but one never knows). All the while I’ve had this nagging question in the back of my mind….partly because I’ve been watching Crime Night on TV too much in lieu of logging into all the usual JD things.

Crime Night is on Discovery Channel and my daughter stays up way past her bedtime to watch it. Things like Forensic Detective peopled by folks who enjoy employment in such positions as “Blood Splatter Expert” and “Footprint Criminologist”. So many thoughts come to mind while I’m watching these shows. First and foremost is, Man…are people ever messed up! Luckily, here in the “Islamic” countries, we don’t have all that much senseless murder. Oh sure..there is the odd “Honor Killing” and once in a while we have an abduction of a teenage boy…but really…it cannot compare statistically to what I see happening in the West and in Europe. What we have is the frequent intersectarian crime or spy crimes and the all popular Syrian Beat Fests. And Syrian Murders in which unfortunate Syrians are bludgeoned just because some people resent the fact that Syrians have been enjoying way too much Lebanese Pie. You know..the Lebanese Pie can only be divided in so many ways. Sadly these guys are usually poor immigrant workers.

Back to my nagging question…..and an odd question it is. In Islam, there is this concept that when you go to “Judgement Day”, your hands and feet will “testify against you”. Now, back in the old days when I was just knee high to a gracehoper, my husband used to explain to me that any body part that was involved in committing a crime would actually be burnt in the fire of Hell and remain scorched even if you actually made it to Paradise as a whole. Now I got this idea of all these saints with eschar on them running around with their brocade robes and such up in heaven. Well….times have changed and it finally occurred to me the truth about what the Quran suggested in the seventh century of the Common Era…notably a time much before we ever imagined such things as serial killers and shows like America’s Most Wanted. Way before Louis Pasteur debunked “Germ Theory” and way before we knew that the male zygote is responsible for gender selection (which the Quran clearly states is the case for what it calles the male ‘nutfa’ or semen, the despicable fluid that contains the sperm cells).

How will our fingers and hands testify against us? Well, Crime Night tells you so often enough so I’ll just let you assume you understand the drift but I will give you one example of the notion of fingerprints and their absolute individuality as it occurs in the Quran (although there are many references I’ll just cite one):

Sura 36: Ya Seen, verse 12

Surely we give life to the dead,
And when we write down what they have sent
Before and their footprints?
And we have recorded everything in a clear writing.

Well…I’ll be. That is what that was all about. You know…there is never an end to the wonders of that book. Never an end to the tangents. And trust me...the theme of 'your body testifying against you' is a very, very strong one in the Quran and in the Hadith.

And guess what? Fourteenth century Persia. Fingerprints used because...well...because Allah said to use fingerprints. To be fair, the ancient art of 'palm reading' and using the hands to divine the nature of an individual's fate is also evident in ancient China and in India. The best can be said of those ancient technologies however is that they were akin to personal astrology and we all know how reliable those are! It was the Persians who stated that no two are the same and it was the Babylonians who used prints to conduct business transactions using this truly individualized 'signature'. Amen.

http://onin.com/fp/fphistory.html

And for some tidbits about the ancient Chinese/Indian techniques:

http://www.edcampbell.com/PalmD-History.htm

And finally, to the Conspiracy Theorists in us all.....Allah has a plan and "they" have a plan. One of those plans was to make you believe that the "State" was assigning you a personal ID number or a thing they could shoot into your neck to "finger you" in a crime against, of course, the state.
Well I got news for you. Allah already took care of that. He'd like credit now for that.

No comments: