11.7.06

The Tenuous Night of the Universe Recorded

The real animals know the time
as night falls into the right places.
The bats swoop, visionaries

to the universe outside the damp caves
they cling to in the daylight hours
where they seek the solace of the blind.
Wet lizards mimick the perpetual hymn
of the stars in the charm
of the dog's pleasant serenades at dusk.

This is the sound of the worlds'
random spins shining one upon the other.
Who knows how many days there make eons!

Long ago, the moon surpassed
the sun, overlapped
the generations of stars and starlight
near the prowl of the night kin
who tell their story so very well.

3 comments:

ozymandiaz said...

very beautiful. there is so much magic in the transition for light to dark and from dark to light. the meeting of worlds...

Carmenisacat said...

Thanks Ozy....I don't think it is finished though. It really helps me to go ahead and just put them here though in order to do revisions.

ozymandiaz said...

Oh, and I will repond to your emails, its just you actually put like math and stuff in there. Takes me a while to process. I studied numerology up to 3 and my brain started hurting...