26.7.06

Tsunamis Come In All Shapes And Sizes

In that time, Allah threw buckets
of water all over us in Indonesia.
That is all it took, a few seconds
in which the Commander of All Waters
vanquished lies and lives, good and bad.
I say drink all my water, play with all
I own, cover it with your hungry fingers
jealous of what I know and own, that is
my soul and the histories of it recorded
in every hidden thing. Take it all
for yourselves. Enjoy your last suppers.

There is nothing but a plan, an immense
plan where the edges are as obscure
as the horizons of Columbus. His signs
and the signs of everyday, the mercies
of newborn horses walking within moments.

The brilliant paths cut into the sea
upon which the prophet walked as if
he were already in paradise where the goblets
of pure wines are served that leave no traces
of sin, no headaches and certainly, no stains.

I've sailed upon boats now full of moribund
survivors. It is what I must have asked for.

No comments: