15.7.06

War

Well, war is weird. Second time around is even more weird. You somehow think you never will do "that again" but there you go again. Bound to Happen is a poem about exactly that sort of thing and it can be found on this blog. Shadenfreude in the City is also here on this blog as are many of the all time greatest hits of my little war zone.

I was up at the store a little while ago, listening as I walked with my great big beautiful speckled German pointer dog, to Joni Mitchell's California on my wonderful little iPod that is quite useful to filter out the sounds of pounding Israeli missiles. And let's get this straight, Israel doesn't give a rat's arse about those two POWs we have. As is their usual, they were looking for an opportunity and baiting all the time. Over the past several months they have killed innocent people in the south who were out in their fields culling tobacco and recently abducted a Lebanese citizen. This has been going on for an ever you know (besides the CONSTANT violations of our airspace) but because you don't see pictures of Lebanese children laying in nicely appointed bomb shelters (like the ones you are seeing hopefully on CNN depicting the poor Israelis who are just "quaking" in their little boots) YOU just don't pay attention! The reason you don't see that is because the Lebanese are too poor to build bomb shelters. Their country is literally too poor to clean up its trash properly. Children here are often barefoot and hungry. While Israeli girls and boys sleep.

You people just don't care. That is obvious. America is one sad place if you ask me. New Orleans...to think I wanted to DONATE money to that disaster. And exactly what has New Orleans done for us over here?

Anyway, just rambling and thinking I best roll down the aluminum covers on the windows so they don't shatter. They've been pummelling the hell out of us this afternoon. Everything is on fire and the whole city smells as if it were a burnt match. So I went up to the store and saw this man that sells us "power" in the form of 10 amps/$50/month. It was so nice to have his services a few weeks back when the fourth motor I've had in a year bit the dust. I was SO relieved. He was just standing there at the little dekhena (tienda en espanol) and leaning on something, looking very Bogart like.

After he left, the shop keeper looked at me with her weary old eyes and said "50!" And I said, "Yes, and it will 'go up'" (of course I used the word 'itla' which is 'go up' instead of inflation since I don't know the word for inflation or the word for the black markets of war).

I just wanted to keep this as a note to remind myself to write his story and of listening to California....all the streets are filled with strangers....la dee da dee da...boom boom boom.

Israel. Horrible people who live there, work there and sleep there all nervous about the things they've done to others.

I hardly blame them.

No comments: