10.8.06

Kirby Olson's Brilliant Question

What about the rights of Palestinians in Lebanon.

Nice job Kirby. Sorry for the attacks. You don't deserve them, you are naive.
A euphemism dear Ron Silliman for ignorance. As a Language centered poet, one who thinks exotic is an extension of my personal bigotry, you must appreciate that!

As I have pointed out in the comments section, Lebanon is a floundering state recovering from the last Zionist oppression in which the Zionists literally PAID the Christian minority here to imprison and torture muslims. Khiam prison it is called and Kirby, I urge you to study the exotic flair of that joint. Three million US dollars a month (dollars likely given personally by every tax paying American) to run a prison under the umbrella of the Zionist Oppressors in which men had their penises electrocuted. Nevermind about naked Corso in the shower with my old acquaintances (rather, my sister's acquaintences) Orlovsky and Ginsberg.

EDIT: The CHRISTIAN Palestinians WERE given citizenship Kirby by the Oppressing Christian Minority in Lebanon. Did you not know that? Why were THEY preferred over others? Hopefully you can at least do that part of the argument by yourself. And no Kirby, not all Sufis are dead.

Now, if you are suggesting that Lebanon might be able to address the needs of muslims by becoming an Islamic State...well then we can talk. But I know that due to your personal bigotry against muslims, that idea is as distasteful to you as the notion of a Jewish state, based on ethocentric genetic bigotry is, to me as a muslim.

In fact, a state based on genetic details of "Jewishness" ought to be distasteful to everyone who has a brain.

Why isn't it? Well Kirby, why don't you tell me. Then we can address the rights of muslims within free muslim states.

And btw Kirby, Lebanon just might convert to an Islamic state if the Zionists keep up their murderous ethnic cleansing in south Lebanon. Please don't be alarmed though. I assure you, they would see you as naive just as I do.

God bless the ignorant.

3 comments:

Kirby Olson said...

Lilac, I didn't see your post to me until today. I am kind of afraid of you because you use words that have a stabbing quality. And I think you want me to learn all the finer points of your religion, but I am too tied up with other stuff: I barely know anything about my own religion, and am always trying to get further into it.

I liked you at Ron's blog because you offered a different sensibility but you took those guys too personally and got offended. You have to laugh a lot and be more or less uh disengaged when you talk with communists because otherwise you get tarbabied.

I've enjoyed your blog though and will continue to check in now and then.

I do have one answer for you. When Jesus makes the seemingly bizarre statement Oh God why have you forsaken me, it's a reference to Psalm 27 which opens with exactly the same line, and which is in fact a stunning avowal of pure faith, so it's an intertextual reference, and only seems to outsiders as if he's not sure what's taking place.

I am glad to hear of your daughter's impending marriage. No doubt there's lots to do, eh?

All the Best,

Kirby

Carmenisacat said...

:)

A real apology: Kirby, I always liked and supported your opinions because regardless of what you 'follow' in terms of faith based matters, you are a believer and that is all that matters.

During my evacuation and even before, I approached people as believers and non believers. That is the Islamic way. Non believers are not 'hated'...not at all! In fact, non believers can be dealt with according to 'contracts' or 'treaties'. When a non believer violates a treaty or contract (even an unspoken one (witnessed but individually) THEN one must sever contact or ought to).

At Sillimans, my character was heinously attacked, words that do not describe me or my religion were tossed around....bigotry. I think it is a contract ALL people recognize and must obey regardless of what religion or non religion (athiest) they follow.

Anyway...that line on the cross. Well...I'll have to dig through my valuables case and find my tiny Bible...old pocket edition that my mom used to keep and look at the psalm. My father used to love quoting the psalms but he was never what you'd call 'religious'. He did however rely on the Bible in terms of disasters like war...cut out whole sections of it to send to my brother in Vietnam. Man.

Anyway...we can get along. I miss you actually :) It is always nice to be around someone who takes religion seriously. Always...regardless of the faith system they believe best describes their own internal understandings of the creator.

Salaam wa alaikum

And hey...don't talk about me 'behind my back'. I'm not all that mean. Just strict anymore about certain things. I do not accept bigotry and I certainly do not accept anyone who declares I have to admit some right of Israel to exist prior to discussing the rights of others to worship the creator and exist ON THEIR terms without EVER having to pay obeiscence to a rogue state mentality (be it Saudi or Israel).

'nuff said. And you have all my respect for this post. It is greatly appreciated.

Carmenisacat said...

And I do most certainly look forward to more comments from you Kirby Olson. :) I've lost most of my friends now, my homes are under attack and my very dear family is bunched together in one building facing the Mediterranean sea...if Israel goes nuts and hits them..I will be separated from everything I trust save for my family here in Bisbee. They have gone through their 'aversion' to my beliefs as well and continue to do so...many people have been so brainwashed against all muslims you know via that awful thing called the media. It's been hard but not half as hard as the separation from my extended Lebanese family with whom I could discuss openly our Islam without fear of being labeled 'terrorists' and 'fanatics'.

Amen. It won't make you famous but it will make us happy. :) Me anyway as I know peace isn't achieved through elected leaders but between individuals via that crazy sentiment: salaam wa alaikum.