17.8.06

To The Israeli Soldiers Who Shat In My House And Left It

Ah, if only I could be
a dam I'd ask the water
how do you break me
or a rock, you move me
the bottom of the sea
you fill me a cloud
release me, a river
guide me or a storm
begin and end me
a flood. If only
the droughts weren't so long
such frozen lakes
parables of motion
persistent as flies,
thine aid do we seek,
flee then seek again.
The forgotten Jews,
the twelve springs of Abraham,
those Mary tears.
Birth waters preceed every soul.
The lacking planets dry as fists
arranged silently in rows
study it all in dreams,
these illusions are invitations
when moths gather light
among the particles of night.

In Zacatacas the floods
are very old and carry
the mountains away as if
to card seeds from wool,
the vibrations of thunder
asssistants of demise,
incalculable lines of light
choose, they choose
certain walkers and runners
and promise so many
such bitter escapes.
The furthest destinations
where miracles are light weight
passengers as feathery
as seeds, graceful, determined.
They don't look back.
They never return home and know
where they are going -
to that end in another country's grave.
Bint Jubail buries her shops
in mortars and C'naa remembers
the people twice, poor people
wearing plastic slippers,
not well-dressed and familiar with the rain.

4 comments:

Carmenisacat said...

Sems reasonable to me. Same old story. Too bad.

That's the point dad. The convincing of people like you to accept a civil war is just so evident here in this piece.

Well, it seems that those that sell war get war thrust back at them eye for an eye style.

Don't rush to conclusions. Impatience is a sign of immaturity.

Ali Mu'mineen cautions:

Don't be angry.

and

Be patient.

Now, have you ever seen such a patient army as the Shi'i? You seem to think that people who have been harrassed for 1400 lunar years have forgotten how to fight, how to live and how to manage this excess of Israeli brutality.

God says otherwise and I think you have at least your eyes open just a smidge.

Carmenisacat said...

The truth will always cause you to feel 'under attack' dad.

Just like Silliman will always feel the sly shadow of disapproval waiting in the wings to discover the discrepancy between his work and his actual avarice, his laziness and immaturity. The failure to adjust one's thinking and the absolute fact of failing to read when one indeed says, one reads.

All I can say is that it is unfortunate that you've been misled into thinking that I had more loyalty to your type of thing than to my type of thing.

You missed that point and then scrambled and then lobbed ungenerous attacks and hatreds which, as all things like that do, behave as a kind of rubber/glue ordeal.

It is truly a sad case especially in light of the fact that both of you underestimate women.

And pay lip service to the notion that you are not misogynistists. I always knew of this bigotry but it seems you didn't. And you treated a daughter as just another darling instead of an equal. Your mistake and not mine because I told you I run with the guys.

Always did and always will. Sadly though, they don't make men like they used to. Fonzies everywhere you look.

Carmenisacat said...

Oh, and pardon the mispellings....I have incredibly tired fingers as I have numerous online jihads in progress at once.

You only have one. The one justifying your own fame and intelligence.

AZnurse said...

These are strong work Meg. Taking the guts of it and putting it into something relatable for folks who don't always get the big picture. Again Strong work!