22.9.06

aleppo


Aleppo makes me think, "if only the car had never been invented."

But then we wouldn't have planes either and it would be impossible for me to be enjoying myself here and looking forward to an 18-hour journey home on the first of August.


From the blogworthy blog below:


(Hahaha, Aleppo makes me think of Borges and Al-Farabi, not Poe.) Nice blog and an entry regarding the wonderful Adonis who wrote A Grave For New York:

http://3asl.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_3asl_archive.html

"I am a son of betrayal and sin and wrongdoing, I am I
I don't know a woman I've lusted for whom I haven't betrayed
I've not sung out a poem for merely one
I've never come home from a long absence without the scent of another on my shirt
I've not entered the souk with a woman on my right arm
without coming out with a different oneon my left--
This, this is how I have become
since I saw her in another man's bed,
rubbing perfume of lilac on one of her thighs
and oil of lily on the other..."

No comments: