17.9.06

Bad Religion [revised] Note, this poem had to be removed as the owner of the Wild Poetry Forum felt I did not have permission to reprint it here. I agree, he is right and therefore am removing a poem that I feel is a disgrace to the Anglo world of Poets which would be, er, the majority of poets because we all know the power of the White Anglo Poetry Society.

the poet named Fred Longworth, http://68.178.150.189/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=sandiegopoet-users
a very frequent poster on too many boards to count but in particular:

Thank you to Fred Longworth for demonstrating how easy it is to teach people all about this love/hate relationship we have with bigots like him.

What a disgrace to poets and to the Wild Poetry Forum.
They seemed to have realized their ugliness but still, I think it is nice to go and see those who congratulated the bigot Mr. Longworth on his successful hatespeech:

http://www.wildpoetryforum.com/

*In this special little phrase you see Fred's longstanding hatred of women at work. You see, Dee Cohen, the very talented and objective Jewish poetess of Eratosphere (Dee is truly the only thing that place had going for it if you ask me) told me in a private letter some moons ago about Fred's misogyny. This is what happens when men don't like women, other races, other religions (Fred is an athiest if I remember correctly and I certainly don't give a big rat's butt about that but it is worth mentioning), other people and quite frankly, aren't very funny people. The thing about this amateur car stereo installer is that he obviously thinks he is quite funny but most people just smirk when his back is turned. He doesn't know that though...just like all xenophobes...he is blind to his own sickness. I might also wonder if the nut is a homophobe to boot with that last pitiful sentiment.

**Mr. "Longworth's" disclaimer:

God help us if the ethic that trumps all other ethics is don't offend anyone. I've long believed that one of the main things a poet is supposed to do is to challenge the pious verities of the times. I disagree enormously with Meg's point of view. I absolutely support her right to express it.

3 comments:

Carmenisacat said...

Man, I almost see that poem as a letter written by a serial killer in which the letters are cut and glued from magazines.

what an incredibly sick sicko.

AZnurse said...

What bad poetry that was. I can't believe he would A - put those words to paper, B - sign his name to it, and C - that someone, anyone would publish such trash. I dropped him a line. unfortunately when I went to the site it signed in as you be I wrote right up front that it was me. I signed my note and I think sent a copy to you. What trash. The site should be ashamed and publishing public apologys.

Carmenisacat said...

Apparently, one of the "pious verities" of the times is the right for a white anglo male to demonstrate openly his very advanced stage of illness.

I defend that too. Everyone should cry rape when met by a rapist and everyone should cry disgusting when encountering a disgusting person like Mr. Longworth. He is a discredit to the anglo saxon race.